Friday, January 29, 2010

Your way...or God's way?

Are you determined to have your own way in living for God?
- Oswald Chambers


I can't follow God's will my way. It has to be His way. I can't obey how I want to, I have to obey how He wants me to.

By doing things my way, I'm giving God the finger. I'm doing what He asks me to do, but doing it my way. I'm disobeying while I'm obeying.

I'm persecuting Jesus. I'm punching Him in the gut. I'm smearing mud on His face. And it absolutely breaks my heart now that I realize I'm doing it.

There is no escape when our Lord speaks.
- Oswald Chambers

I hear you Lord. I'm sorry for ignoring You this week. Break me of my stubborn will. I choose to obey completely and totally. I give up all my plans and ideas on how to obey You and instead ask that You direct me in my obedience. I want to love You more than life. I want You near me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment