Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Antichrist

5 days since I last blogged.

Always a bad sign.

Not blogging means the lessons God is teaching to me aren't sticking.

It means I'm not really listening.

It means I'm struggling past attitudes and thoughts and emotions that I can't seem to combat.

It means I'm drained physically, emotionally, and mentally.

It means I'm fading.

I didn't even miss any quiet times this week. Every morning I woke up and had an hour or so with God. But my heart wasn't in it. I wasn't focused. Because I wasn't obeying in small areas and disciplining myself, and so the result was a moderate desire to be with God instead of a raging passion like it should be.

Today I read Mark 3. I'm slowly reading through the Gospels, now that I have that relationship with Christ where He speaks to me through the Word. Before, it was just stories and sentences and words. Now, it's revelation after revelation after revelation. Re-reading these passages, I'm noticing all sorts of things I never noticed before.

"How can Satan cast out Satan? If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand."
- Mark 3:23b-24

God is Lord of all. He created EVERY SINGLE THING, including Satan and his minions. They all have to operate inside of the laws He has created. One of those laws is that there cannot be unity where there is fighting. My body cannot stay together if it is fighting itself, it will break down. A church cannot stand together if it's members are fighting each other. A kingdom cannot remain in the midst of a civil war. And so it is that Satan cannot cast out his demons from people. Because it would be like cutting his own arm off.

I think so often we think that Satan is the arch-nemesis of God. Rather, he is the way-ward, rebellious child who stirs up as much mischief as possible, who works actively against his Father, and whose only desire is to hurt Him as much as possible. He is not equal with God. He cannot even be in the same room as Him without being in pain, because God is so good and he is so evil. It's just like us, how as sinners we cannot stand God because He is so holy. It is Jesus' covering that allows us our communion and close relationship with Him. Satan does not have that option. Neither does he want it.

Another thing that was pointed out to me, so I don't take credit for figuring this out by myself. It says in the bible that no one knows the hour or the day when Jesus will come back, not even Jesus himself. So we know that Satan sure as hell has no idea when Jesus is coming back. We also know that Satan cannot see the future. Satan is supernatural, but extremely limited. So here's a brain nugget for you to chew on. Since Satan does not know that day or hour that Jesus will come back, he has had to have an antichrist ready at all times to jump into his role as destroyer of the world as soon as Jesus appears.

So there have been hundreds of antichrists. In fact, someone on earth, right now, is an antichrist. And when Jesus comes back, he will be THE antichrist.

Whoa.

Stick that in your juicebox and suck it.

No comments:

Post a Comment