Thursday, December 10, 2009

YUH!

She loves her mama's lemonade,
Hates the sound that goodbyes make.
She prays one day she'll find someone to need her.
She swears that there's no difference,
Between the lies and compliments.
It's all the same if everybody leaves her.

And every magazine tells her she's not good enough,
The pictures that she's seen make her cry.

And she would change everything, everything just ask her.
Caught in the in-between, a beautiful disaster,
And she just needs someone to take her home.

She's giving boys what they want, tries to act so nonchalant,
Afraid they'll see that she's lost her direction.
She never stays the same for long,
Assuming that she'll get it wrong.
Perfect only in her imperfections.

She's not a drama queen,
She doesn't want to feel this way, only seventeen, but tired

She would change everything for happy ever after.
Find More lyrics at www.sweetslyrics.com
Caught in the in between, a beautiful disaster,
But she just needs someone to take her home.

'Cause she's just the way she is, but no ones told her that's OK.

And she would change everything, everything just ask her.
Caught in the in-between, a beautiful disaster,

And she would change everything for happy ever after.
Caught in the in-between, a beautiful disaster,

But she just needs someone to take her home
And she just needs someone to take her home.


I absolutely love this song because if I was lyrically talented, this is exactly the song I would write about myself. Desperate to be wanted and needed, desperate for love, I would change any and every aspect of myself to try and fit in or be accepted or be what people wanted. Every single one of these lines hits home.

I play my Jon McLaughlin cd all the time, just for this song. It's just so perfect. And the thing is, I know there are a lot of girls and women that this song describes perfectly. I'm not the only one. I've talked to women like me and I've talked to guys who have dated girls like me.

The past couple of years, God has healed and rescued me from this cyclical reality and now my passion is to share what He has taught me with whoever I can. With those young girls struggling through the beginning stages. With women who have battled it for years. With women who don't see a way out, who think life is like that. With men who date and or are married to these women and don't understand what is going on.

Because it is NOT reality. You don't have to feel or live that way! There is a King who loves you perfectly, like no one else can. He fills every hole in your heart and eases every ache in your soul. You don't have to try and fill it with anything else anymore! There is freedom, real and true and lasting freedom available!

This is my message, my outcry, my passion. To go forth into all nations and preach the gospel...that if we repent of ourselves and our sins and throw ourselves headfirst, feet and arms flailing if we have to, into love for Christ then we are completely and utterly filled...in fact we overflow! And these things that we fight daily, sometimes every second, are no longer an issue. They become so distant from us that we can't even see it anymore...it's so far out of our supernatural reality. That which was natural to us, is now awkward. We now live in the supernatural.

No comments:

Post a Comment