Friday, December 18, 2009

Blogging is such a blessing for me. The way my brain works, I have to write things out or talk them out for me to really learn/understand what I learned. So after I read something in the Bible or after God tells me something, I gotta write or talk about it quick! Because I'll lose whatever it was real quick. Soon whatever God told me will get twisted in remembering or I won't know what it was exactly that I just learned.

I've written in journals and things for years but it's never been a huge help since physically writing takes up so much time. My hand cramps pretty quickly and half the time I just stop whatever I'm writing. It's also slower and I don't feel like the words flow out of my heart like they do when typing.

Blogging is organized too, which I am definitely not. Everything I write is right here in the same spot, on my page or in my archives. The dates and comments are all there together, just a click away. Everything is neat and in its place.

It's also pretty! I am not a decorating type personality, I wouldn't know how to make anything pretty...but I know what I think is pretty. I can find things that I like and I enjoy pretty things. I like for my room to be decorated, I just dunno how to do it. I like for my writing to be on pretty pages or whatever, I just dunno how to do it. Having a blog online makes it easy for me to find a layout that I like and put it on my page.

I also love blogging cuz it's gotten me doing things consistently...which if anyone knows me is practically a miracle for me. I am not consistent at all....consistently inconsistent, if you will. Blogging is helping me make time with God a priority and a daily occurence. Because to blog, I have to spend time with God first....cool how that works out, I can't blog without meeting with God first...my brain just won't allow it.

God isn't waiting until January 1st, 2010, to start working on me. He's got me cutting off dead limbs already, pointing out the parts of me that don't obey, that don't trust, that are selfish. This morning it was my sleeping habits. I sleep a lot...and I love to sleep. Sometimes I try and make excuses, say there must be something wrong with me, that I need that much sleep. My mom always tells me that I need it, that my brain is growing or something like that. (ya right, btw!) But in reality, I'm either escaping responsibilities or I'm indulging myself. Neither of which are good.

When I wake up late or when I snooze my alarm or when I don't even set an alarm, I wake up dreading the day. I wake up achy and sleepy and snoozy woozy. And I'm usually frustrated that I'm late or that I have to prioritize what I can get done in the little time I have left. So I asked God when I need to get up every morning. At first I tried to think about "ok if i work a double, I need up at this point but if I don't I can wake up later!" but God nixed that idea in the butt and said "get up at 6am every morning".

0_0

oh dear.

I'm scared, but I'm also tired of my "sluggard" ways. So I am praying that God wake me up before my alarm every morning, no matter how late I go to bed or how tired I am. That He would give me the rest that I need and allow me time for a nap during the day if I need it.

I'm excited too...because getting up that early guarantees me over an hour of time with Him...it means I'll always have those few extra minutes to clean my room, to do my laundry, all these little things that drive me up a wall if I can't find the time for them.

Yay bootsie, let's go!

No comments:

Post a Comment