Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A Complete 180 Experience

This morning when my alarm went off, I definitely did not want to get up. Well, I never want to get up in the morning. But this morning it was even worse since I was extremely sore from yesterday's workout and I went to bed really late last night. So I chose to sleep in (more of I never woke up, just kept snoozing my alarm) until my mom woke me up and I realized I had to leave RIGHT THEN to get to work on time.

So the start of my morning was rushed. I had to run around and grab all the things I needed, make a lunch for my break, and get in the car and go. I then realized I had to grab gas, I was worried I was going to be late again. I get to work (on time...whew!) but have one of the worst lunches. Yesterday was bad just because for some reason I kept breaking things. Today, it seemed like I couldn't keep up with my tables. My boss or the other girl working lunch constantly picked up my slack, grabbing things I forgot or whatever. I felt like such an idiot. And I couldn't get these negative, bitter thoughts out of my head no matter what. I resented the other girl working, felt like she was setting me up for failure and wasn't REALLY helping me, just pointing out what I was doing wrong. I was growing frustrated.

Finally I get my 2 and a half hour break and I journeyed to Cafe Brazil for the coffee and free wifi. I brought all my quiet time stuff so I could do it during my break. Obviously, I need to do it first thing in the morning to start my day off right...otherwise my attitude sucks. But it always amazes me how God can completely change my attitude and my heart after I spend some time with Him.

First thing I read was Oswald Chambers My Utmost For His Highest and felt the presence of the Holy Spirit around me instantly and was filled with the joy of the Lord. And it's not even a "joyful" excerpt!!! But for some reason it makes me so happy and I'm just so dang excited


"Those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with it's passions and desires"
- Galatians 5:24
OOooooo this verse gives me chills and I LOVE it!

We as Christians are not asked to give up sin, to just give up a sinful life. We are called to something even GREATER than that...to give up our right to ourselves, to what is natural and good to us. Because get this...the good keeps us from the great! What is natural is good, but it distracts us and keeps us from God's purpose and God's kingdom. We are denying our right to our very self guys! That means our right to finances, our right to live, our right to have a voice, our right to bear arms, the whole nine yards! And we can't do that until we recognize the sovereignty of Jesus Christ!

A life devoted to Christ and His service is a life of the supernatural. So we need to not be hindered by the natural world so that the supernatural becomes our new natural!

"Beware of refusing to go to the funeral of your own independence"
- Oswald Chambers

Are y'all getting this? It's so epic! It's so exciting! The things that can happen if we just let go of ourselves! If we just stop expecting what we deserve or need and just "deny [ourselves] and take up [our] cross and follow Him".

"I know what it is to be in need,
and I know what it is to have plenty.
I have learned the secret of being
content in any and every situation,
whether well fed or hungry,
whether living in plenty or in want.
I can do everything through Him
who gives me strength."
- Philippians 4:12-13

Don't you get it? Don't you see? Paul wasn't hindered by the natural world! It didn't matter what was going on in his circumstances. It didn't matter that as a human, he has the right to be fed. That was not his natural world anymore! It wasn't his natural tendencies or desires or needs. All he needed was to know that Christ gave him the strength to do what he needed...and what he needed was revealed to him through the supernatural.

Oh I am so pumped. Let's go fight some demons for Jesus! Let's love Him with all our being! Let's let go of the natural and embrace the supernatural and realize that the only rules in the supernatural are His rules...anything can happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment