Thursday, August 26, 2010

Cry Out

"It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life."
- John 6:63
Life can suck. Life can suck bad. But something I'm starting to realize, or something that God is making known to me, is that life really doesn't suck.

I'm just filling my life and my heart and my mind with things that tear me apart.

I'm learning that life in the Spirit is real life and life in the flesh is shallow, it's paperthin, it rips and tears and disintegrates at the merest disturbance.

Life in the Spirit takes everything in stride, is filled with the peace of God, and is able to minister and love people despite the chaos surrounding it.

Life in the flesh is broken by everything, is filled with worry and strife and despair, and can't focus on anything but it's own pain.

True inner peace is impossible unless it is receved from Jesus.
- Oswald Chambers

Reflecting His peace is proof that you are right with God, because you are exhibiting the freedom to turn your mind to Him. If you are not right with God, you can never turn your mind anywhere but on yourself.
- Oswald Chambers

When a person confers with Jesus Christ, the confusion stops, because there is no confusion in Him.
- Oswald Chambers


Thank You for Your mercy, to shake my world and show me where my allegiance, where my trust lay. Thank You that You can't let me flail around on my own strength, that You want me trusting in You and following You and filled with Your peace. Thank You that You aren't content with me running around doing my own thing, that You push me to bring You glory

No comments:

Post a Comment