Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Blue Screen of Death

When the Son of God prays, He is mindful and consciously aware of only His Father.
- Oswald Chambers


I'm not always aware of my Father. We are called to pray continuously, so I'm assuming that also means being consciously aware of God too. I wish I was. But there's so much rattling around in my brain. Things to do. Memories. Wishes. Hopes. Dreams. Stresses. Pictures. Videos. Movies. Facebook. Books. Philosophies. Patterns of thinking. Plans. And then plain old subconscious riff raff that pops in every now and then.

Maybe I'm the only one who feels crazy sometimes. Is my head really supposed to act like this? Is there a delete button somewhere? Can I at least organize all this crap into folders and only have to deal with them when I open the folder?

My desktop is full of icons and has about 2398472384729 popups appearing at any given second. No wonder my brain freezes up. I don't have the RAM for this!

Simplicity is what I long for. It's like my own personal utopia. Even as I grab for more and more things to complicate and fill up my life, my inner soul just cries out simply for Jesus.

Our ordinary abilities will never worship God unless they are transformed by the indwelling Son of God. We must make sure that our human flesh is kept in perfect submission to Him, allowing Him to work through it moment by moment Are we living at such a level of human dependence upon Jesus Christ that His life is being exhibited moment by moment in us?
- Oswald Chambers


Therefore as it is written "Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord"
- 1 Corinthians 1:31

No comments:

Post a Comment