Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Feed the Hungry

Here's a new thought for you. A new concept. A new approach. A new way to look at things.

We are to pour ourselves out for others and/or allow them to feed on us until they learn to feed on God instead. We are to be emptied for others and filled up by the Holy Spirit. We are to "feed His sheep" with what they need to not starve. We know what that is. We know the power of that spiritual food. We feast on it everyday. What we don't always remember is we feast on it in order to be filled up and feed everyone else. We were created to be poured out. We were created to be spiritually exhausted so that He can replenish us.

The process of being broken bread and poured out wine means that you have to be the nourishment for people's souls until they learn to feed on God.
- Oswald Chambers


We can't be stingy. We can't worry about spiritual obesity or whether we should plan for a spiritual drought. We have to provide the feast every single day for those that will come and eat. Because tomorrow may not come for us. Today could be our last chance to feed those who are hungry. We can't worry about presentation or formal dining rules. It's a first come, first serve buffet line of inexhaustible and replenishable food. Some will dine daintily while others throw themselves headfirst onto the table. We should pray for those that dive. Those are the ones who have recognize their need and embraced the only way to fulfill it. Those are the people who are going to listen when we direct them to the Eternal Flow of food.

Continually look back to the foundation of your love and affection and remember where your Source of power lies.
- Oswald Chambers


I don't fully understand this, although I know it's true. Conceptually I get it. Practically I don't, not really. How am I food? What exactly do people feed off of? And how do I lead them to feed from the Source?

We owe it to God to be our best for His lambs and sheep, as well as for Him.
-Oswald Chambers


I guess the point is that I have to always be completely and totally dependent on Him, always seeking my satisfaction and fulfillment from Him. Not only for my own benefit, because that is the only way to live, but also for others. So that they can feed off of me and eventually feed off of Him just like I am. I'm not just affecting myself when I fall off track or when I get my fulfillment form other sources...I'm affecting those in my life that need God's nourishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment